Mornings can tend to get a little hectic! Whether you are rushing off to work or busy helping your kids get ready and out the door in time to catch the school bus, there’s a few things that can help your mornings be a little easier.
1. The key to having a better morning starts the night before. Get to bed at a decent time to allow your body to get an adequate amount of sleep so you won’t be as tired in the morning. Also prepare a few things the night before so you can cut out some of the craziness. You can pick out an outfit, pack a lunch, or set your shoes by the door to make your mornings run a little smoother.
2. Wake up on the first alarm. It’s tempting to hit snooze and fall back asleep for just 10 more minutes. But that 10 minutes can easily turn into 20 and before you know it, you’re rushing to get out the door on time. Waking up on your first alarm will allow yourself the time you need to get ready.
3. Get moving. This signals your brain that it’s time to start being productive. Movement doesn’t necessarily equate to an intense workout. Although exercise should be an important part of your routine, a workout first thing in the morning doesn’t work for everyone. You can move in simple ways first thing in the a.m.- do a couple jumping jacks, stretch, walk your dog.
4. Eat a healthy breakfast. This will give your body the necessary nutrients it needs to boost your metabolism, provide energy and help you stay focused. Mornings are busy and sometimes it’s hard to devote 20 minutes preparing a nutritious breakfast. One of my personal favorite breakfast options takes only 1 minute to prepare, is nutritious, customizable and is so easy to take with you on-the-go. Visit viiva.com to learn more.
5. Do something that makes you happy! Jam out to your favorite song, listen to an audio book, talk to your best friend. These are things you can easily do while getting ready for the day and will help start your day off with something good!
Mornings can set the tone for the rest of the day. Make sure you’re doing what you can to make them amazing so you can rock the rest of your day!
Brittney received her B.S. in Sociology at Brigham Young University. She enjoys being outdoors, traveling, and spending time with her friends and family. Brittney currently resides in Utah.