Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Some of you may be the king or queen of procrastination and are now scrambling to come up with a creative way to express your love. Others of you may be looking for options on how to get out of that Valentine’s Day rut and really impress your special someone. Whatever group you’re in, I’ve come up with a few ideas that you’ll be able to pull off this Valentine’s Day.
- Breakfast in Bed: Start Valentine’s Day off right by serving your significant other breakfast in bed. Remember to prepare a well-balanced meal like whole grain pancakes with a side of eggs and fruit, Greek yogurt garnished with fruit and granola, or a green protein shake to fuel their body with proper nutrients. Breakfast in bed is not only romantic, but breakfast is an essential part of every day. Find out why at viiva.com.
- Write a Handwritten Note: Handwritten letters are a sweet gesture that is becoming somewhat of a lost art. Let someone know how you feel about them by expressing it in writing. It’s something they’ll be able to keep and read again and again for years to come.
- Create Memories: There is nothing wrong with go-to gifts like flowers, but they will be gone and forgotten in a week. Instead, consider making a memory that will last forever. Try out a new restaurant, go to a concert, explore a nearby city. Whatever it is, doing something together will create an unforgettable moment.
- Do Something Kind: An act of service goes a long way and shows someone you are thinking about them. Look for things you don’t normally do for that person- whether it’s cleaning up the kitchen, washing their car, or giving them a foot massage. Think of something that your valentine will appreciate you doing for them and then do it!
- Give a Special Gift: If you’re going to buy something, make it meaningful. Don’t go for the generic gift card or chocolates (unless you know that’s what they’ll love). Instead figure out something they really want but would never buy for themselves or get something that reminds you of them. If you are good at DIY projects, you could even make a gift which would be original and unique.
There you have it, 5 special ways to show your partner you care. What’s your favorite way to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
– Brittney Johanson
Brittney received her B.S. in Sociology at Brigham Young University. She enjoys being outdoors, traveling, and spending time with her friends and family. Brittney currently resides in Utah.